Friday 25 September 2015

The James Bond Marathon

"My name is Bond. James Bond."

That line has been drifting through popular culture for more than 50 years. And if you include the books, more than 60.

Ian Fleming's symbol of British exceptionalism has been the one of the longest-running film franchises, and one of the greatest movie heroes of all time. And I'd like to honour this by looking at his cinematic progression over six actors and 22 (soon to be 23) films.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to be watching my way through the series, and posting my views here.

With guns, girls, gadgets, flash cars, perilous situations, good guys, bad guys, and whatever other buzz words I can put here, it will be a James Bond Marathon that is sure to leave you shaken, but not stirred.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Hunter's Christmas and Other Stories

  Happy New Year. Christmas is over, but some places might still have their decorations up while the supermarkets already have Easter eggs o...