Tuesday 31 May 2022

The Musketeers Marathon

Yeah, I'm procrastinating again. Writing's been a bit slow lately, with job-hunting and house-hunting. I'm still working on The Pirate King, the follow-up to Gentlemen of Fortune. Trouble is, I'm also getting distracted by other ideas for stories featuring Kestrel and Scar. After all, I want to see what kinds of mischief they can get into. On top of that, I've got my Swanwick workshop to prepare for August. For the last couple of years, most of my writing has been university assignments and ghostwriting. Since then, I've found that if I don't have deadlines I don't have as much discipline.

Anyway, to try and get back into the swing of things, I've decided to do another marathon. I've mentioned previously that I'm fond of the BBC's short-lived series, The Musketeers. It's not exactly an adaptation of the classical tale by Alexandre Dumas, but more of a fan fiction. Nonetheless, I still love it, and often cite it as one of the inspirations for the Kestrel and Scar stories.

Over the next month, I'm planning to work my way through the series and provide a write-up of each episode. I'll try and keep spoilers to a minimum, but this might be difficult.

Get ready for some classical swashbuckling action with some very British-sounding French people. I'll have my first review posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Hunter's Christmas and Other Stories

  Happy New Year. Christmas is over, but some places might still have their decorations up while the supermarkets already have Easter eggs o...