Sunday 5 November 2023

The Homecoming and Future Plans


Well, it's Bonfire Night. And I'm disappointed that V for Vendetta isn't on Netflix UK at the time of writing (although that's getting scarily more real by the day). Anyway, while dealing with the existential dread of my 30s, I was able to publish Kestrel and Scar's next adventure.

The Homecoming follows my wandering rogues as they travel to England with Rosanna Barclay, so they can part ways with them and start a new life. Unfortunately, they have an encounter with some old enemies, Scar is seriously wounded, and they have to take him to a doctor. Said doctor happens to be Kestrel's father, who disowned him ten years ago. As his mate recovers, Kestrel is forced to deal with the mistakes he made so long ago.

I originally started this story in 2019 for one of my second year university modules, and it kind of sat unfinished after the initial submission. After I finished The Pirate King last year, I decided to blow the dust off this story and have it serve as a conclusion to the so-called "Rosanna Barclay Trilogy" (alongside Gentlemen of Fortune and The Pirate King).

What's next? Well, one thing I will do is re-work those three stories and make them into a single book for a physical release (my last two stories were e-book only, since Amazon's paperback cover formatting was such a pain to wrangle). I hope to have that ready for the book shop at Swanwick next year.

As for other stories? I'll think of something. I want to do more stories with Kestrel and Scar, and I have some ideas for a couple that take place before this particular trilogy. Only time will tell.

For now, I'm going to have a rest. Meanwhile, The Homecoming is available from Amazon as an e-book here.

Happy writin' me hearties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Hunter's Christmas and Other Stories

  Happy New Year. Christmas is over, but some places might still have their decorations up while the supermarkets already have Easter eggs o...