Friday 31 May 2024

The Mandalorian Marathon


 Yeah, I'm procrastinating. Realising that this blog has been pretty bare this year, I decided to do another marathon. Having recently seen previews of the Savage Worlds Science Fiction Companion, and joined an Edge of the Empire game which is being recorded by Denizens, I have Star Wars on the mind. Since we've got The Acolyte coming next month, I decided that I'd take a look at the Star Wars universe's first foray into Live-Action TV; The Mandalorian.

I know I've talked about this series on here before, but I'd like to take the opportunity to look at things in more detail. I've always enjoyed that series, as it explores the post-Jedi world much closer to that film than The Force Awakens could. I also enjoy the fact that we have a title character who isn't a Force user. I understand that the Force plays a major role in the films and provides a "techno fantasy" element to the franchise as a whole, but it's always refreshing to see a character who isn't a Jedi.

Starting tomorrow and going throughout June, I'm going to be looking at an episode of The Mandalorian and posting my thoughts on it. I'll try and keep spoilers to a minimum, but I may have to reveal things as they come back in later episodes.

Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow for my first review.

This is the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mandalorian Marathon - Chapter 20: The Foundling

Now that the Living Waters have been visited and Din's back in the covert, I guess the writers had to figure out what to do next. As suc...