Tuesday 2 October 2018

Best Blackadder Moments #8: I Spy (General Hospital)

Something beginning with...M
Well, it's my last pick, and this time I'm going with a short moment from the beginning of the penultimate episode.

It's basically what it says on the tin: George and Baldrick sitting in the dugout playing I-Spy. The jokes practically write themselves, and it perfectly depicts their stupidity as Blackadder gets increasingly frustrated.

Baldrick can't clue into the fact that George is looking at a mug, despite the Lieutenant's increasingly obvious hints. Eventually, Blackadder answers correctly and gets a turn. Unfortunately, Baldrick's knowledge of the alphabet is minimal, and two different clues produce three equally hilarious responses which culminate in Blackadder punching him out. I'll let you watch the video for the exact details.

The game is cut short by a bomb landing in the trench, which George managed to hear but ended up working into the game. Which is topped by Blackadder's nonchalant reaction when he hears it.

Again, it's a small moment, but one which allows the main characters to work off one another.

I hope you've enjoyed these moments, and feel free to tell me your favourite moments. I might do some more blogging soon if I get a moment during my studies. In fact, some of my later blog posts could potentially be for my studies.

Until then, happy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Hunter's Christmas and Other Stories

  Happy New Year. Christmas is over, but some places might still have their decorations up while the supermarkets already have Easter eggs o...