Thursday 13 April 2017

Franchise Reviews/Western Weekend - The Dollars Trilogy

Well, it's Easter. And I've got a four day weekend thanks to an undead carpenter and an egg-laying mammal. Since it involves time away from work, I'm fine with that.

Anyway, I figured I'd take the opportunity to look at Sergio Leone's Man with No Name Trilogy - the Spaghetti Westerns which made a star out of Clint Eastwood. Time to contrast the idealistic look of Hollywood's old west with Italy's cynical look, depicting the west as a violent and immoral place. Granted, they're both equally romanticised depictions, but anyway.

I'll see you soon to start the first review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Hunter's Christmas and Other Stories

  Happy New Year. Christmas is over, but some places might still have their decorations up while the supermarkets already have Easter eggs o...