Monday 28 June 2021

Cowboy Bebop Marathon - Wrap Up

 

Well, that was a fun experience, and got some use out of my Channel 4 membership. Now I wait another two years before they decide to close my account.

Cowboy Bebop still stands as one of my favourite animes, and one of my favourite shows of all time. The action is great, the characters are memorable, and the music kicks ass.

I love writing about characters who are misfits in their societies, and this show has these in spades. I feel for all the Bebop crew: Spike presents himself as a happy-go-lucky thrill-seeker, which hides a death wish over a shady past he's never been able to fully walk away from; Jet tries to present himself as a wise mentor, but his sense of morality isn't compatible with a society that's rife with corruption and isolates him from his few friends; Faye is a fish out water due to being in a cryogenic sleep for 54 years, and has been swindled by everyone she's known; Ed was abandoned by her absent-minded father, and her eccentric nature possibly conceals a state of denial over this.

What are my favourite episodes? Hmm...I'm trying to figure out whether I want to do a standard top ten, or my favourite comedic and dramatic episodes.

I'll do both.

My top five comedic episodes:

  1. Cowboy Funk
  2. Mushroom Samba
  3. Toys in the Attic
  4. Stray Dog Strut
  5. Speak Like a Child
My top five dramatic episodes:
  1. The Real Folk Blues Part 2
  2. Jupiter Jazz Part 2
  3. Black Dog Serenade
  4. Ballad of Fallen Angels
  5. Pierrot Le Fou
That's about it. Now I need to prep a project for Camp NaNoWriMo.

Until then, happy writing.

I mean, "See You, Space Cowboy".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Hunter's Christmas and Other Stories

  Happy New Year. Christmas is over, but some places might still have their decorations up while the supermarkets already have Easter eggs o...